събота, 4 юли 2009 г.

ARTICLE: African Adventure

AFRICAN ADVENTURE
Iva Naumova

As a very busy woman with a white-collar job, I had the burning desire to go on a holiday away from it all. There were many places that sprang into my mind, but after all, I zeroed in on one particular.

Dakar was the place I had always fantasized about, so when I suggested to my husband we go there for our summer holiday, he immediately approved the idea.

Just three weeks later, there we were – in Dakar, Senegal. Our hotel was in a beautiful position amid tropical trees and just in front of us was the marvelous sea. The surrounding nature was breathtakingly beautiful and although in the days the sun was relentless, the nights were perfect for going for a wander along the entire length of the beach or exploring the wildlife.

For the two weeks spent in Africa, my husband and I had high-octane adventures. Since he had a flair for exploring unknown places, we once decided to get deep in the alluring rainforest, but we suddenly found ourselves teetering on the edge of being attacked by an unfamiliar animal. Despite the fact that it set my pulse racing, I think this experience was the craze in our journey.

Apart from it, we took part in a funding event, which contributed to the cause of helping malnourished children from the Third World. Many African singers put in an appearance in the concert venue, which was great fun.

Now, having recharged my batteries, I am ready for more days of hard work. Come what may, I am determined to leave the bulk of the domestic work and have a go to Dark as soon as the next holiday comes.

1 коментар: